The beach of Cala Galdana, located in the south of Menorca between Cala Mitjana and Macarella, is one of the most accessible of the island. It has all the services and is ideal to go with the whole family.
In the 1960s, a housing development was built around this beach. In this urbanization we find apartments, restaurants and one of the largest hotels on the island. There is also a private marina with companies that offer excursions to the south of the island or kayaking, for example.
The cove is a beach of fine white sand like those in the south of the island. It has a pine forest on the beach that can serve as a shelter from the sun. It is one of the most frequented beaches on the island.
How to get to Cala Galdana?
It is very easy to get to this beach. Arriving in Ferreries you have to take the road that leads to the urbanization of “cala galdana”. After about 7km you will reach the beach.
It has a large parking lot behind the beach but during the high season months there are many parking problems.
Our advice, as in many other places in Menorca in high season, is to arrive early to be able to park.
By the way, if you are in Ferreries you will be interested in this article about What to see in Ferreries.
Map of Cala Galdana located in Menorca:
Services in Cala Galdana:
On the beach of Cala Galdana you can find a multitude of services:
- Restaurants: Behind the beach we find a small “promenade” with 2 or 3 restaurants of average quality. You can eat a good combo plate in one of these restaurants.
- Public restrooms with showers.
- Lifeguards: Lifeguard service during high tourist season (June-October) from 10am to 6pm.
- Tables to eat in the pine forest: If you bring food from home there are some wooden tables under the pine forest that can be very useful.
- Inflatables, motorboats, kayaks: There are other leisure services on the beach.
May be you interested in: