Cultural activities are one of the outstanding stimuli of charming places. In Menorca, history and culture merge to offer a range of possibilities at the height of this exceptional destination.
Discover the 5 best plans to get to know the cultural side of an island as famous for its unspoiled coves as for its historical and artistic richness.
Take note and book the activities you like the most!
1. Guided visit to the Binissuès Museum of Natural Sciences
Why not immerse yourself in Menorca’s culture by revisiting its past? The first plan on the list could not
is none other than a guided visit to the Binissuès Museum of Natural Sciences.
You will discover how the peasants lived in a 1700’s Casa de Payés and you will see the 18th century manor house that gives its name to the museum. You can admire the private collection with thousands of natural species of the Carreras Torrent brothers and end up witnessing a traditional dance with tasting of local products.
- Where: Manor House of Binissuès. Ctra. Mahon-Ciutadella km 31,6, Ferreries
- Duration: 2-3 hours
- Price: 14€/adult
- See Tripadvisor and more information at https://binissues.com/museo-de-ciencias-naturales/.
You may also be interested in: The best agritourisms to stay in Menorca.
2. Guided tour of historical points of Ciutadella and Fornells
If you are one of those who love to wander the streets, let yourself be guided by the words of a local guide through the main historical and cultural points of Ciutadella and Fornells. You will know the old town of Ciutadella, of medieval origin, the Tower of Sant Nicolau or the Plaça des Born.
The tour includes a visit to the fishing village of Fornells and entrance fees to the Torralba Megalithic Monument. And not only that! Freedom will accompany you throughout the tour, with leisure time for you to eat wherever you want or take home a souvenir of the island.
- Place of departure and arrival: Port of Ciutadella
- Duration: approximately 8 hours
- Price: 49€.
- See Tripadvisor
3. Guided tour around the city of Mahón
Delve into the island’s British heritage with a free sightseeing tour in the city of Mahón. Immerse yourself in the historical past of the capital of Menorca and discover points of interest such as the English barracks of the eighteenth century, the neoclassical market of the Cloister of Carmen or the Governor’s Palace to conclude with an unparalleled view of the harbor.
- Place of departure and arrival: Plaça de s’Esplanada, Mahón
- Duration: 2 hours
- Price: Free
- Reserve Here
4. Guided visit to the Fortress of La Mola
And as the history of Menorca has its magic, you can not miss a guided visit to the Fortress of La Mola. This imposing construction from the second half of the 19th century, also known as the Fortress of Isabel II, will open before you on a guided tour.
In it, you will know the passages, the rooms and the jail of this perfectly preserved monument that was built to defend the natural harbor of Mahón from possible attacks. At certain times, the activity includes a visit to the port’s Vickers-Armstrong Canyon No. 1.
- Where: La Mola Fortress, Mahon
- Duration: approximately 2 hours
- Price: Entrance fee to the monument between 4€ and 8€ with free guide
- Book here and more information at https://www.fortalesalamola.com/es/inicio
5. Audio tour of the historic center of Ciutadella
And, as variety is the spice of life, there is an audio tour option perfect for those who like to travel alone. With this activity, you will walk through the streets of what was the capital of the island until the eighteenth century, with enriching comments from the guide as you pass by the cathedral, the Salort family palace or the diocesan convent of Menorca.
- Starting point: Plaça des Born
- Duration: 2 hours
- Price: 4,5€.
- See Tripadvisor
You may also be interested in: What to see in Ciutadella